- Live one to one tuition with a CAD expert who is an events industry professional
- AutoCAD is the industry standard 2D drawing program for the events industry
- This is a four day comprehensive course with extended supervised drawing practice – This course version covers the syllabus required by the Event designers two day course and expands to include a day of advanced topics and drawing practice. This course also features a supervised drawing day to work on your projects or too work on a example project from our library
- Advanced topics include Geolocating which is vital for green field site plans
- Valuable supervised drawing day - to practice what you have learned with the support of the tutor. The tutor will iron out your work flow so you are quick and your use of short cuts is optimised. This process will get you up to speed quickly and allow you to hit the ground running to start working on complex projects with confidence
- Learn to create festival site plans, arena plans, exhibition centre designs, conference room plans, lighting designs, seating plans, stage designs and schematic diagrams
- Learn all the 2D functions to work with AutoCad within an event context (The course has been streamlined to teach you exactly what you need to know to get the job done)
- Flexible on-line sessions are available if required.
The course can be run using the following flexible sessions (please note all the flexible days must be concurrent):
4 days = 5 hours per day
5 days = 4 hours per day
6 days = 3.3 hours per day
- The course can be either delivered in person or via zoom.
Please contact us to discuss group bookings
We can host this course at our office in London or we can come to you and run the course at your office or venue
Who should attend this course?
Event professionals, production managers, site managers, designers and anyone that has to use AutoCAD an event environment.
Event planning and space coordination in events can be challenging, especially if you are planning an event in a location where you have never been.
- Using scale CAD drawings you can ensure and prove that you can fit the right amount of chairs in the venue whist leaving room for a fire lane
- You can prove that the chosen stage position ensures visibility from all seats and you have allowed enough room to fit in the back stage marquees etc
The course resources included colour printed notes, cheat sheets, custom templates and a USB library of blocks to help you quickly create professional drawings – the block library includes: Speakers, lights, AV equipment, truss, tables, chairs, staging, generators, trees, marquees etc – everything you need to quickly work with a CAD drawing.
The course also includes a certificate of completion and on-going CAD support by our industry experts via email.