Mastering Live Streaming and Digital Events
Two days. 10am–4pm each day.
Online course via Zoom from £1200
In person course at your office or venue in London from £1200 (using your equipment).
Cortex Training’s London office (maximum four students).
Alternatively we can host the training at your office or venue (maximum of eight students).
We travel nationwide to run training – get in touch for a bespoke quote.
Learn How to live Stream from the ground upwards. This course teaches the fundamentals and then though practical sessions takes teaches the student to live stream using OBS, Wirecast or V-Mix.
Learn how to create a slick, attractive and stable live stream and send the content to any streaming platform.
Learn how to problem solve and deal with complex setups, such as working with offsite presenters.
Learn how to combined platforms and software to achieve professional results
- Live one to one or group tuition with a live streaming expert who is also an events industry professional
- Learn how live streaming fundamentals, technology and platforms work – so you can live stream your own events
- Learn about the the equipment required for live streaming
- Learn about platforms to receive the stream
- Monetising a live stream
- Dealing with copyright, PRS and consent
- Learn to use Wirecast, V-Mix or OBS to live mix, manage content and transcode the stream
- Using cameras, lighting, microphones and other AV technology to improve a live stream
- How to stream to major platforms such as YouTube, Facebook Live, Instagram Live, Vimeo, Periscope etc
- Avoiding technical issues and problem solving
- Backup audio and video recording
- Offsite presenters that want to present via Zoom
Who it's for
This is a comprehensive course for event managers, technicians and anyone who wants to produce professional live stream – no prior experience required.
Olly Howard is a experienced production manager who delivers digital events for leading brands and venues.
What is covered
- Learn the fundamentals of live streaming
- Setting up a computer/server for live streaming
- Learn to use Wirecast, OBS or V-Mix to control the stream
- Adding pre recorded audio, slides and video content
- Camera and live video inputs
- Video capture cards
- Audio inputs from microphones or a mixing desk
- Audio interfaces
- PowerPoint and video switchers
- Transcoding the stream and codecs
- Streaming to YouTube
- Streaming to Periscope
- Streaming to Vimeo
- Streaming to Facebook Live
- Steaming to Instagram Live
- PRS and copyright
- Problem solving
- Lighting and set backdrops
- Pay-per-view streams
- RTMP servers and using virtual cameras to stream to Zoom
- i7 Mac or PC computer
- Free account with Zoom.us – desktop app installed on the student's computer prior to the training
- Demo version of Wirecast and V-mix or free copy of OBS
- Email address to use to set up dedicated social media accounts for live streaming